Hop on board
To assist and support the shipping line managers by preparing and organising all necessary shipping documentation and to undertake all related clerical tasks to ensure accurate and efficient office systems are maintained.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Opens import/export voyages.
- Inputs manifests into the computer system.
- Issues manifests for local port authorities.
- Inserts import/export charges into the computer system.
- Issues/dispatches documents to clients relating to their cargo.
- Assists when required to collect payments against releases and forward to the accounts department.
- Working and inputting charges.
- Issues credit notes and additional invoices after being checked by Superior.
- Issues invoices to debtors.
- Sends freight Manifests via email to Grimaldi Group.
- Replies and solves any freight related queries.
- Issues/dispatches export manifests to Line/Agents.
- Inputs data related to import/export of Libya cargo and issues service and actual manifests and Bill of Ladings.
- Handles client requests made in person or by telephone.
- Files all documents accurately.
- Maintains updates and prepares files for archiving.
- Sends out faxes and emails and takes action on faxes and emails received.
- Performs secretarial and administrative duties as directed by the managers.
- Informs line managers of any difficulties or problems and keeps them informed of developments and activities undertaken.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, responds to inquiries, takes messages and redirects as required.
- Performs any other duties connected to the vessel/client cargo documentation requirements.
- Performs any other office duties that may be required by the company.
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Able to concentrate and not be easily distracted.
- Able to produce accurate work.
- Able to work under pressure, handle tight deadlines and cope with stress.
- Must be tactful and courteous in handling colleagues and clients.
- Possess good client communication skills for handling clients efficiently in person and by telephone.
- Must be willing to perform extra hours when required, even without notice, particularly according to ship schedules.
- A good level of Italian speaking skills will be considered an asset.